Procead is an Add-in for the Sparx® Enterprise Architect which seamlessly integrates your process model with the project model and ensures compliance with all its workflow and qualification rules during the ongoing development activities.
Based on a project execution definition in conjunction with a product qualification (life cyle) model Procead maintains reliable version and status information to make the quantitative and qualitative progress intrinsic at project, package and element level.
In short, Procead recognizes changes to elements, detects rule breaches, offers corrective actions and supports activities like decision making, baselining and tracing of code realisations.
- Define your project stages (quality gates) and execution flow
- Define your product quality states and the qualification flow
- Work on your Model (as you normally would, now with Procead backing)
- Each time you break the rules, Procead notifies you to accept or decline a corrective action
- Initiate project progress decisions to finalize project stages. Procead automatically creates configuration baselines, stores your decision and baseline information to the model
- Configuration Management for all deliverables based on decision gates (aka quality gates)
- Version and quality status control of elements and packages
- Project progress decision making and baselining
- Visualization of quantitative and qualitative progress (and backlog respectively)
- Model driven process and quality ruling with MDG backing
- Documentation of decisions and decision criteria
- Alignment of package version and status with subordinate elements
- Tracing of code fragments (realizations)
Model your project execution strategy to your needs. Diagrams, predefined patterns and stereotype elements are part of Proceads' MDG.
- The project execution strategy is defined by decision gates in a state diagram.
- Transitions between decision gates represent your work between project stages and are used to rule your process flow and versioning.
- Decision gates may be associated with work products to simultaneously define reference configurations and decision criteria.
- A configuration is defined by a set of dependencies to its configuration items - your work products. Any element or package may become a configuration item.
Procead is now set up to guide you through your ongoing work quantitavely. Work products aligned by this methodology will be set at a baseline once a progress ruling has been made at the referenced decision gate
Model your product qualification process to your needs. Diagrams, predefined patterns and stereotype elements are part of Proceads' MDG.
- The product qualification process is defined by product states in a state diagram.
- Each product state gets a quality level assigned, expressed by a normalized integer number.
- Relative larger numbers map to higher quality levels regardless of absolute degree – they are solely used to determine qualification (promotion) or disqualification (demotion).
- And again – same as in the execution strategy – transitions rule the flow between product states.
This completes your setup and adds rules to cope with changes on elements with respect to their qualification.